Sunday, June 29, 2014

Thrifty Finds {linky party}

I think getting a good deal can be addicting. I'll admit to having bought a thing or two primarily because it was such a good deal rather than because I had a need for it. The only thing better than getting a good deal is sharing with other people.  That may be a Midwest thing, we love to share what we paid for things.  "See this shirt?  Yah, I got it for 5.00 on super clearance over at the TJ Maxx." Or it might just be me.    Anyhow, I was excited to see that Jenna at Speech Room News was hosting a thrifty find linky party.  I love to see what other people have picked up too and am always excited to share what I found.


1.  Toss Across
I was stalking this game for months after I'd read an awesome post from the Activity Tailor on how you could adapt the game to add picture cards on it.  I think it took me about 6 months, but I was finally able to find it at one of the Goodwill locations by my house. 

2.  Snap Circuits












This cost about 80.00 retail and I was able to pick it up for about 5.00.  I use it in social skills groups to provide an activity to focus on while practicing conversational skills.  It's also good to use as a motivator as you can give out pieces throughout the session.  You snap the circuits into place using the diagram and can create a bunch of different reactions including turning on a light, a fan and/or playing music.  I kind of want to take it home and just do it myself. 

3.  Flamingo Bingo and Lotto

I don't know why this was at the Goodwill for 1.99 but it was so I snatched it up.  I sometimes drive miles out of my way to shop at this particular Goodwill.  I've found some cute games but no other SLP games.

4.  Cranium Bumparena











I had this game at my first clinic but had forgotten about it until I saw that Jenna had written about it on her blog.  I remembered how fun it was.  Luckily for me, I found it not too long after that at a garage sale. 

What thrifty finds have you snatched up?  I'd love to hear about it.  Head over to The Speech Room News to link up your favorites!  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...