Monday, November 26, 2012

Ninja Articulation

My son and I just finished reading a Magic Treehouse book about Ninja's.  Last night he was running around the house with a towel wrapped around his head, "I'm Ninjago."  At first, I thought he was brilliant.  He was making up NEW words.   But it turns out Ninjago is a Lego ninja.

Anyhow, when I saw this Ninja clip art, I knew I had to have it.  Ninja Speech therapy just sounds cool!

Sometimes, when I'm getting tired or haven't really planned any fun activities we do "Speech Yoga."  There are some really great resources and therapists who incorporate yoga into their speech sessions.  For me, it's more like we sit pretzel legged on the floor, while we make loud breathing noises.  Kids seem to like it though.

Ninja articulation is a cross between the card game War and card games such as Yu-gi-oh.  Students battle and the ninja with the highest score wins.  I added a "one breath sheet" to focus on carryover.  This is an idea I got from another blog, but I forgot which one it was.



I'm thinking it might be fun to make Ninja "karate type" moves while we are playing too.

Ninja articulation is available on my TPT store here.  All of my products are 25% off with CMT12 code through Tuesday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...