The Biscuit is at the age where he is just starting to get a little self conscious about things he says. But he still has some hilarious ideas. Yesterday I asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up. He says, "Oh. I'm going to be a spy. Or an artist. Maybe I could be a spy who draws people." I asked him what he had to do to become a spy. He told me he thinks he needs to practice being a spy. It seems that if he can hide for 10 minutes without anyone finding him-then he's an automatically in the spy agency.
I know this summer is going to go fast-so I thought I'd write out are summer "bucket" list. I know my analogy is a little off-but I think I can make it work by thinking of all the fun things I want to do before "summer" kicks the bucket.
Here's a few things that I have so far:
- Run through the sprinkler.
- Start keeping cash on hand so that I can buy ice cream bars from the ice cream truck I hear roaming our neighborhood.
- Go on a nature scavenger hunt. Try to catch a frog. I'm still cool if I wear gloves when we do this, right?
- Pick fresh berries, come home and make a pie.
- Sit on the burlap sacks and ride the big yellow slide at the State Fair-twice. Intellectually, I understand that the laws of physics will not allow me to fly out into space when going down slides but my brain is still pretty worried that it's a possibility.
- Make a fire in our fire bowl that has been sitting in our back yard unused for years. Make S'mores. Sing campfire songs. We are surrounded by neighbors-so maybe we should reconsider the campfire songs.
- Go to the beach for the whole day. Try to build the world's biggest sand castle. Let the biscuit try to bury me.
- Go to our local amusement park. Ride the rides. Try to win a giant stuffed animal.
As I was writing this, I thought it might be fun to use this activity with my clients. What do they want or wish to do in the summer. So I made this (very literal) summer bucket list.
You can grab it for FREE by clicking on the image or clicking HERE.
I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did, I'd love for you to share it with your friends by clicking on the Pinterest or Facebook pages listed below!