In addition to articulation, we also worked on:
- Receptive identification of adjective + noun. (Show me the red striped ornament.
- Receptive identification of clauses (Show me the yellow ornament with a snowflake.)
- Comparatives (Show me the longest strand of lights.)
- Following multistep directions, before/after directions and directions containing spatial concepts.
I really liked being able to vary the directions depending on the student. Here are some of the directions we used:
- Put a red ornament on after you put on a purple ornament.
- After you put on the red striped ornament, put on a purple star ornament.
- Before you put on the yellow ornament, put on the shortest garland.
- Find the plain yellow ornament and put it next to one of the purple striped ornaments.
- Find all 4 snowflakes and put them in the middle of the tree.
- Find a yellow ornament with a snowflake on it and put it between 2 strands of lights.
- Find 2 red striped ornaments below the longest strand.
- Put the purple ornament above the garland after you put on the yellow ornament.
- Put three ornaments on the tree.
- Put the red ornament under/above the garland.
It was a really fun activity.