Thursday, March 21, 2013

March 2013 SLP Blog Link Up


Oh How Pintearesting is hosting a SLP blog Link up party.  Find out how you can join on her site!  


Graphics are by Scrappin Doodles and Teaching in a Small Town. Font is by Cara Carroll of the First Grade Parade.

State of Mind:  Grateful.  I was lucky to be able to participate in the SLP Spring Fever Blog hop this week.  Not only did I get 12 sets of  FREEBIES but I have gotten to meet some fantastically talented Speech Language Pathologists.  AND I'm always so grateful to the people who take time to like my Facebook page, read a blog post or two and support SLP's by making purchases on TPT.  

Loving:  I started canning my salads after reading about it on Pinterest.  It's great because I can make up 3-4 lunches on the weekend and be able to take them to work and eat healthy most of the time.  Each week I try a different salad recipe so that I don't get bored of salads.  The best salad so far has been a combination of baby Kale leaves and Makoto ginger dressing (available in the refrigerated section)  I realize that choosing baby Kale over my family or a homemade salted caramels is ridiculous.  If you want to send me a box of homemade caramels I promise that will be what I'm loving.  (Please don't send me your family...)  

Prepping:  I'm working on a new TPT product that focuses on  sequencing.  And I'm prepping Spring Into Spring with Verbal Problem Solving From SLPforME.  I'm always looking for some good resources for Problem Solving. 


9 comments:

Jess said...

Now I need to see how to can salads! I need to mix it up and bring more than my typical sandwich and fruit to work! So glad to have met you and share ideas for the blog hop. It was fun!

Laura said...

I've seen the salads on PInterest and wondered how they worked. Thanks for letting us know that they do!

Thanks for joining the linkup!


Oh, How Pintearesting!

Jen Shamberger said...

Now I need to look up how to can salads too! I think you are starting a trend!

TeachSpeech365 said...

Hi Kelly! Oohhh I love salads, so I'll have to try that!

Carrie Manchester said...

I tried the salad thing (with the hand pump) and it didn't work for me in the jars (I haven't seen a can version). I do use the ziplock vaccuum bags and they work pretty well for my salads!

Speech2U said...

I have the Food Saver that I got at a discount store for really cheap a few years ago. But it would be nice not to have to worry about the glass with the jars. Every once in awhile I crack the jar and then my lunch is ruined by shards of glass..

Unknown said...

We have been trying to eat more salads at home. I would love some good kale recipes! We have been eating mostly spinach. Glad you got to participate in the Spring Hop giveaway.

Maria said...

I am loving participating in and reading all of these link up responses. So fun getting to know each other. First of all, I never heard of canning salads but I need to check it out on pinterest now! I love having things ready made and sounds healthy too! Also I LOVED the blog hop...so clever and fun! Also I've been enjoying reading your blog. I need to get better at commenting! :)

Abby said...

I love kale! My favorite salad has kale, spring mix, spinach, apples, pears, walnuts, bacon, feta cheese, and dried cranberries topped with balsamic vinegar/poppy seed dressing mixed. YUM! I haven't heard about canning salads though. I will have to investigate! Nice to 'meet' you through this linky party!

Abby
Schoolhouse Talk!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...