Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Embracing my inner dork.

This will come as a shock to no one: I am not one of those super cool people.  I am a dork.  Being a dork is awesome because I rarely get embarrassed.  I just embrace my inner dorkiness and 781.3.  Did anyone get that?

I don't fall as much anymore-mostly I just trip and pretend to run.   It's perfectly natural to break out into a jog in the middle of Target.

It is not unusual for me to put my shirt on inside out before I go to the gym.  In my defense, I'm at the gym 3 mornings a week at 5:30 am.  

I'm often unaware of environmental obstacles such as poles, walls and corners.  One time I was walking in the park by my house and I saw movement out of the corner of my eye.  I put my hand up and said, "Oh, excuse me."  I was looking at a deer.

I almost ran into a deer.

Last summer, I was running some errands before picking up my son.

I left work.
I stopped to fill up my tank with gas.
I paid inside.
I got a coffee at the local coffee shop.

I remember thinking I must have smudged my sunglasses because it was hard to see.

I dropped some mail off at the post office.
I picked up my son.

As we were walking to the car, he said, "Mom, why do you have one white eye and one black eye."

My sunglasses weren't smudged.  I couldn't see because one of my prescription lenses had fallen out.  Which meant, I'd been traipsing all over town with one empty lens and one tinted lens and NO ONE had told me.

That may have been an all new high in Dorky-dom-ness.

Make me feel better.  Who else has walked around with one lens in/one lens out?


1 comment:

Rae's Speech Spot said...

Thank you so much for the early morning laugh! I can't say I have ever walked around with only one lens...because I am completely BLIND without my glasses! I have used a variety of things to hold my glasses together for extended periods of time when I have not been able to get them fixed....I have used an earring to hold the arm in place, I have used a twist tie, and also string....I appreciate your honesty:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...