Wednesday, January 30, 2013

More Dollar Spot Finds...

I loved Highlights magazines as a kid.  I liked the Hidden pictures, the rebus stories, the poems, but my FAVORITE was the Goofus and Gallant pages.  I was really excited when I found this book at the dollar spot this week.  Here are some other things I picked up:


I think the Rebus story book will be fun for articulation and syntactic structures.  The Poems to Go book looked like a fun way to address inferencing and maybe figurative language.


The success charts are actually for my four year old.  But I liked how it has it broken up by the goal and the child's performance each day of the week. It could be a good resource for home programs.  Dream it Up has 2 question prompts written in a talking bubble on each page.  I'm planning to use it for carryover and language reasoning activities.  Questions include: What do you think computers will be able to do in 10 years that they can't do now.  (Scary question...)  In the corner, the book with the two boys is a Modern Day Goofus and Gallant.  Good for basic social skills training.  And I got a plastic bathtub.  I've got an idea for an activity with this.  I'll let you know as soon as I figure it out.

What great finds have you found at the Dollar Store?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...