Saturday, January 26, 2013

One more Squinkie therapy idea...

Just one more quick Squinkie post and then I'm done for at least another few months.  One of the things that I like about Squinkie's is that it allows me to use my clients favorite things for motivation.  Here was a quick activity I did with one client who needed to work on he/she pronouns and auxiliary + ing forms. 

First, I took a bunch of the He/She cards I made and put them upside down on the table.  I put a different Squinkie on each card.  

On my client's turn, they flipped over the card and had to decide if the Squinkie was a boy or a girl.  Then they placed the Squinkie on the corresponding verb card.  

Finally we practice saying the sentence:  He is yawning.  


We were still having some difficulty remebering to say "is" in the sentences.  So I added a physical cue.  On the name of the Superhero (or he/she) we put both our hands out in front of us.  We clapped our hands together when saying "is" and we slapped our hands on our legs when we said the verb  +ing forms.  This really helped get the client to start marking the "is" and by the end of the session, they were able to do with just a verbal model.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...